deployment to multiple hosts using bamboo

What is the bamboo'ish way to achieve the following :-

1) nightly deployment of green builds to 10 dev environment hosts - no approvals required

2) nightly deployment of green builds to 4 integration environment hosts - if approved by test managers

The hosts are all solaris. The manual process to deploy is scp package to host, pkgrm old version, pkgadd new version, run appserver redeploy script.

Is there a way for a bamboo deployment environment to contain multiple hosts and the tasks are looped once for each host?

Regards Rep

1 answer

I think the best way ist to use one ore more scripts which are scheduled an contains the specific tasks

We have sth like that to deploy our builds to multiple JIRA instances:

cd path/to/your/build
deployCommand1
deployCommand2

This is part of a job which is excecuted after a sucessfull build. But you can specify this on your own

Hope that helps a little

Julian

I was expecting something a little more refined. like within a deployment environment (say Dev) you can set up a list of deployment targets (dev1host, dev2host, dev3host, etc) and a deployment tasks template which can then be run for some or all hosts in the deployment targets list (passing in the host name as a variable to the deployment task template).

sure i can script things manually as you show above but then you lose the ability to have different environment/host owners approve/initiate the deploy to different hosts/environments (and also the audit trail of the same)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

119 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you