daily email notifications sent by JIRA based on a set of conditions

Jeanette Chan November 10, 2016

I would like to have JIRA send out a daily email notification to the assignee and product owner given the following conditions:

Product type = x and y

Status = Opened or Assigned

for all tickets in Opened/Assigned state for more than 2 days (with a Begin date=Creation date).

Is there a plug-in or a feature that needs to be turned on ?  Thanks in advance. Jeanette

1 answer

3 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2016

Hi Jeanette,

Have you explored using issue filter subscriptions to do this? You might be able to get close to what you want.

For example, a filter using the JQL below would show, for each user, 'Open' issues assigned which were created more than 2 days ago (since the start of current day):

assignee = currentUser() AND status = "Open" AND createdDate < startOfDay(-2)

You could:

1. tweak this to your needs 
  2. save the filter
  3. subscribe a group of users to receive the results at a set time each day. See the Atlassian help on this page (scroll to the "Subscribing to your search results" section).

I hope that helps you a bit.

I haven't covered emailing the product owner, because I don't know how you have this set up in JIRA. Is it one fixed person all the time (perhaps the project lead?) or does it vary issue by issue?

Sam

Jeanette Chan November 14, 2016

thanks, Sam. I am currently asking my JIRA admin for "Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' global permission which I believe is required for me to subscribe other people within a group address.

Can you pls confirm that with the assignee = currentUser() and setting the receiver=group of users that each user will get an email listing the tickets assigned to them and not all the tickets assigned to the entire group of people?

Thanks again.

Jeanette

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2016

Hi Jeanette,

Yes. When you have assignee = currentUser(), each recipient will only get emailed with the issues assigned to them.

It's mentioned on the page I linked to:

subscribe.jpg

Sam

Jeanette Chan November 17, 2016

thanks, Sam.

Suggest an answer