{customfield_10302=Approvers is required.} when using MS Project importer for Jira

Radosveta Delcheva May 15, 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to upload a project in Jira from mpp. file using MS Project importer for Jira (@Ricksoft) , but I get the following error:

{customfield_10302=Approvers is required.} and the operation fails. Could you please have a look and assist me?

Thanks!

Kind regards

RadosvetaBad issue.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2017

Hi Radosveta,

I think, you have a custom field called "Approvers" and that custom field is somehow mandatory in your Jira project. The field is not set during importing your data from MS Project, so Jira is throwing the error.

Look at the field configuration of your Jira project. There you should find the field Approvers and there you can make the field optional.

Or you have to set the field in every single Jira issue you are importing.

Radosveta Delcheva May 16, 2017

Dear Thomas, 

thanks a lot for your answer. This was exactly the solution needed in that case. 

After I've removed the project from the custom field "Approvers" in the Admin panel, it worked. Case closed.

Thanks one more time for the quick solution.

Suggest an answer