created vs resolved chart not showing all issue types in the resolved field

Delbert Gray August 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Created vs. Resolved chart showing incorrect count of resolved issues

created vs resolved chart not showing all issue types in the resolved field.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2016

What is the filter you are using for the chart? 

I'm not sure what you mean by "issue types in the resolved field" though - there's no resolved field on the graph and issue types don't go into fields.

Delbert Gray August 26, 2016

The JIRA report I'm using is called "created vs resolved" and it has no filter.  The problem I'm having is when I click on a particular month to review the resolved JIRA tickets it only displays one issue type (support).  In the past when I would review resolved tickets it displayed all issue types (support, NPI, Bug, Improvement, Task etc...). 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2016

Ok, that's good info.  Two further questions:

1.  What is the configuration of the report?  You can get that out as a gadget, which have configs, which is why I ask.  But is it, very simply, the one in the project reports for that project?
  2. On your list of issues you expect to show, could you add the columns "resolution" and "resolution date"?
Delbert Gray August 29, 2016

My response to question #1:

Attached is a screen shot showing the "created vs resolved" configuration page.  

My response to question #2:

My issues list already displays resolution in one of the columns.  The "Resolution date" is not a selectable option and does not exist.

I've been using this report for 9 months with no issues until 2 months ago. I've made no changes except for querying records

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2016

The chart uses a field that captures when the issue was last resolved - I've said "resolution date", but I can't remember the name (and it's changed in past versions).  Seeingt that on the list would help you debug what's going on.

There's no configuration screen shot attached though.

Delbert Gray August 29, 2016

Attached configuration screen shot.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2016

Ok, great.  What is the resolution date for the issues you get in the filter?

Delbert Gray August 30, 2016

I attached a screen shot to show what resolution date is listed in the filter. 

A coworker looked at  my issue and recommended I ask the following:

• Closed status is getting resolution date populated & done status is not.
  • I have 2 workflows. One with "Close" and the other with "Done".
  • Where in the settings do I populate done.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2016

That's the answer, and why I asked for the date.  The date is not being set when the resolution is being set. 

That sounds like a broken workflow - you need to check over the workflow that is not setting the data and work out why it has not set it - has the resolution been set by a script or something, rather than the standard "set resolution" function or by going through a screen with the resolution on it?

Fix that, and then you'll need to cycle the issue through the workflow to get the date set.

Delbert Gray August 31, 2016

I tried cycling the some of the jira's through the work flow but I get the same results in the "Created vs Resolved" report.  All I see is one issue type "support".  I can't figure out how to change other issue types that are "Done" resolution from unresolved to some other status.  Can you let me know how to make this change?  Then I'm hoping when I run the "Created vs Resolved" report I will see all issue types closed for that given week.

Suggest an answer