Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence upgrade 3.5.16 -> 4.3.7logininfo does not exist

Tracey Voss October 21, 2013

We are upgrading from 3.5.16 to 5.3. I am first upgrading 3.5.16 to 4.3.7 but when I startup and log in I get an error page with the error "logininfo does not exist. There are a lot of other SQL related errors in the log as well. DB is postgres 9.1.1, OS is ubuntu 12.0.4.

We've copied prod database across to new environment and data directory. I've installed 3.5.16 which was started successfully. I've then run the 4.3.7 upgrade and we now get the above errors.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2014

Hi Tracey,

From the description it seems that upgrade didn't succeeded because of some database error. Note also that Postgres 9.1 was not supported for confluence 4.3 as [we can see here|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Supported+Platforms], although I would say that this wasn't the real problem.

According to this simplified upgrade guide, you can go from 3.5.13 directly to 5.0.3 and then upgrade to the latest confluence version. I recommend to restore the old version of confluence database and retry the upgrade following the guide above.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events