changing from download version to "on-demand" version of confluence...data-transfer?

Stefan August 15, 2012

I used the download version of confluence. But now i changed to the "on-Demand" version. How can i bring my old spaces and old data to my new "on demand"-version?

Stefan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hi Stefan,

You can do so by exporting spaces from your downloaded version and then importing it to OnDemand. Just make sure that your downloaded version is the same major version as the OnDemand version.

As of now, Confluence OnDemand is on 4.3.x. Since Confluence 4.3 has yet to be released for public download, you would have to upgrade your Confluence to 4.3 RC1 and then export the spaces.\

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Justin.

Stefan August 19, 2012

Hello,

I upgraded my Confluence to 4.3 RC1 like you said 4 days ago, but now Confluence on demand changed to 5.0. I go cracy!

Stefan

0 votes
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2012

Hi Stefan,

Kindly raise a ticket with us for us to continue with discussions on this.

Link my name to it, so that I can assist you personally.

Our support site is: https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

Justin.

0 votes
Stefan August 19, 2012

Hello,

as I need the same major version in Confluence on demand and the Confluence on my server to migrate spaces I will upgrade my confluence again. But i dont see Confluence 5.0 on your site "Confluence Early Access Program Downloads". So how can i upgrade?

Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events