can't login to my demo JIRA site

ericianfish September 14, 2013

I generated a userid and password, then tried to access mycompany.atlassian.net (for JIRA demo)

I first saw a login screen, I entered userid and pw, it then redirected me to a page asking the same things plus typing in a displayed alphanumeric string. Tried this many times, reset the password to make sure, still a problem. I was able to log into this site withi the same userid and pw.

It's been a day now and no closer to a simple demo of the software. The "help" is absolutely atrocious, should be able to resolve something like this in a hurry (or perhaps it's a bug).

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2013

I'm not sure what you are struggling with here. You created an account, you went through a username and password routine, it sounds like it asked you for a "captcha" (this is an attempt to prevent bots creating spam/junk) and then you say "", which means you got in. So there's no problem?

I assume that's a mistake and you meant to say that you cannot get in, but you've not explained what the actual problem is. What happens when you put in the username/password you think you created for the account? What are you trying to log into? What url are you landing on and what is the error message? What instructions are you following and where have you diverged from them?

ericianfish September 14, 2013

The problem was I was using my email as the login user, rather than the administrator user id. This was confusing due to the fact that the forgot password function asks for user name OR email, as if either were acceptable. And other functions in Atlassian accept the email for login. Turns out only the admin user was acceptable. Simpie issue, right? Cleared up within about 20 seconds once I got ahold of support. The site claims "legendary support", I had to beg someone to help, hence my frustration. Hopefully won't need any more help.

Suggest an answer