Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket: access to team/admin account inbox 'teamname@teams.bitbucket.org'

Dan Murphy February 19, 2013

OK, I'm tired and puzzled. I created a BitBucket account from our existing Atlassian On Demand account, to start a new git-based project and to start migrating our existing SVN repos over. I've been working through the BitBucket 101 Tutorial and the AOD-BB Getting Started wiki page.

Following the instructions, I wound up with a personal BitBucket account (attached to my work email) and a team BitBucket account (teamname@teams.bitbucket.org), which doesn't seem to be accessible to me.

How do I get access to the team account inbox? What's going to go to that email address? I tried changing the team account to use my email, but that gets an error for duplicate email addresses.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Murphy February 19, 2013

Found this on another thread about confirming the teamname email address:

"This email address is a placeholder that is placed temporarily until you take ownership of the team. It is not connected to any real email account. You'll want to change this to an email account unique from your individual user account. This way the team can get notifications to a shared inbox and you'll be able to reset the team password as you'd like. This can be done from the Manage Account menu item under your profile image in the upper right of any page on Bitbucket."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events