Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo and mercural ssh with windows and unix

john scancella March 28, 2013

Background info: I am running bamboo on solaris with a local machine account(account name wire). My mercurial repository is also located on this solaris machine (/repos/myrepository). I have a remote agent running on a windows machine on the same network running with a domain account as a service(svcbamboo). I also created a LDAP account for the unix side, also naming it svcbamboo. I configured the windows svcbamboo and unix svcbamboo to use tortoisePlink and generated ssh keys for authentication.

When I log in to the windows machine as svcbamboo and try and clone one of the mercurial repositories everything works fine.

When I kick off a build in bamboo with the repository pointed at /repos/myrepository and run it on the unix build agent it works fine. However, when I then try and run it on the windows build agent (after subsituting the variable for ssh for that agent) and changing the repository to ssh it fails.

Is there a way to manually specify which way bamboo checks out the repository? I want to be able to check out the repository both locally on the unix machine and remotely using ssh from the windows machine. I would prefer not to have to write a script to do it on bamboo as that is another piece of code I will have to maintain as a developer.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
john scancella March 29, 2013

Well after getting a co-worker to help me out and double check everything it looks like I just simply forgot to add the local user's (wire) public key to the LDAP user (svcbamboo). Once we did that bamboo was able to use ssh to check out the mercurial repository just fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events