authentication public sign up

Kelvin Ishigo September 16, 2013

For our stash system, what happens when we enable the public sign up checkbox in the Authentication section. Do the users automatically see the Stash repos and become part of the license base or is there an action by the SysAdmin that filters this?

Also, is there a way to allow users to ask to join in a manner that the SysAdmin will be notified and can approve/deny the application?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kelvin Ishigo September 23, 2013

Based on Timothy's comment, the desired functionality is not available.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2013

Hi Kelvin,

As you suspect, we don't currently support that feature. Although that's not to say you couldn't have permissions in Stash setup such new users wouldn't be able to see any repositories until you assign them to the appropriate group. Of course, you won't get any notification about that user being created.

This is not necessarily something that is Stash specific - and there is an open feature request in JIRA for the same thing:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3740

The advice Anton gives about adding your listener is applicable here too - it wouldn't be hard to write a plugin that listens for UserCreatedEvent and sends an email to the appropriate person.

Feel free to raise a feature request against Stash as well if you like.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

The documentation has most of your question answered. See:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Allowing+public+access+to+code

This feature allows anonymous browsing and cloning, of the repositories or project, where it is selected.

I don't know about the licensing. I imagine several 'anonymous' users are still seen as one.

I was asked basically this question yesterday, by one of the project admins. I said I didn't know and would look into it.

Kelvin Ishigo September 22, 2013

The doc link describes how to open up access to code but we actually don't want users to be able to see code until we accept them, but we want them to be able to ask to join where the sysadmin can then be notified and conditionally accept them or not.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2013

For the second item, the function does not exist. For the first, why don't you give it a quick test?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events