authentication public sign up

For our stash system, what happens when we enable the public sign up checkbox in the Authentication section. Do the users automatically see the Stash repos and become part of the license base or is there an action by the SysAdmin that filters this?

Also, is there a way to allow users to ask to join in a manner that the SysAdmin will be notified and can approve/deny the application?

4 answers

1 accepted

Based on Timothy's comment, the desired functionality is not available.

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Sep 16, 2013

For the second item, the function does not exist. For the first, why don't you give it a quick test?

The documentation has most of your question answered. See:

This feature allows anonymous browsing and cloning, of the repositories or project, where it is selected.

I don't know about the licensing. I imagine several 'anonymous' users are still seen as one.

I was asked basically this question yesterday, by one of the project admins. I said I didn't know and would look into it.

The doc link describes how to open up access to code but we actually don't want users to be able to see code until we accept them, but we want them to be able to ask to join where the sysadmin can then be notified and conditionally accept them or not.

Hi Kelvin,

As you suspect, we don't currently support that feature. Although that's not to say you couldn't have permissions in Stash setup such new users wouldn't be able to see any repositories until you assign them to the appropriate group. Of course, you won't get any notification about that user being created.

This is not necessarily something that is Stash specific - and there is an open feature request in JIRA for the same thing:

The advice Anton gives about adding your listener is applicable here too - it wouldn't be hard to write a plugin that listens for UserCreatedEvent and sends an email to the appropriate person.

Feel free to raise a feature request against Stash as well if you like.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

190 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot