are there any hooks that the jira-connector can fire on the client?

Lee Elenbaas November 5, 2012

I whould like to use the jira-connector ui that we are already using from inside visual studio to enforce some policy on the source control

is there some way to attach hooks and run scripts that will run on the client machine once a user click the different connector buttons?

in my case i want the: start work, stop work & resolve that i want hooks for

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Hi,

I suppose the fastest way to achieve what you want is to grab the source code of the Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio (https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/connector-vs) - go ahead and take it, it is open sources - and modify it to your liking. Hooking up whatever it is that you need to the buttons you mentioned is actually quite simple. If you have any .NET development experience, it should not be a problem for you to implement a feature like that.

I can assist you, should you have any questions.

Best Regards

Janusz Gorycki

Lee Elenbaas November 7, 2012

i will take a look at the source code to see if i find my bearing there :)

Lee Elenbaas November 13, 2012

i looked over the code - it is doable - sadly i will not have time to invest in it in the next few weeks.

but once i make it - i will place a pull request if i will think what i did is good enough

Suggest an answer