answers: Can we report a user?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2013

Not sure if this ever asked before, but if a user been spamming the answers site, is there a way we can 'report' it to the admins so they can take a look and maybe warn or freeze their accounts?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2013

I'm killing them as fast as I can! But one of them has managed to create an account I can't deal with, so I'll be raising an issue with Atlassian...

Once you reach a certain level of karma, you can use a "report" option to complain.

Once you reach a much higher level of karma, you get the option to go to the user's profile and ban them, which shuts down the account and hides their rubbish.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2013

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1189 raised for "stop letting spammers create accounts I can't delete"

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2013
I did report as fast as I can but not enought to ban them though. Still I would have assume by now answers site would filter out base on the content
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2013

Hi Nic,

I was able to instaban the example you gave in the issue you reported

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2013

Eva - yes, I'd like to see filtering be a little more aggressive - we must have killed several thousand similar spams recently. Keep going with the karma though, when it's high enough, you'll be able to ban as well.

Norman - how did you get there? When I clicked on the link to the users profile, I either got thrown back to where I came from, or a 500 page. Well done, and thank you for killing the account!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2013

Nothing special, I just followed the link you gave in the reported issue. I was not thrown out. I then used the dropdown to instaban. Is it still happening for you if you follow the link?. I was using IE10 under private browsing when I clicked on the link.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2013

Yes, I tried a couple of browsers, although not IE - haven't bothered with windows for years now.

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2013

How much karma you need to ban people? And yes, I am working on it. been away from answers for a year and realize I am reallyl far behind :P

1 vote
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

This is definitely a problem, especially since they are posting left-to-right spam messages (about fridges) - one of the fields in Answers is not UTF-8 compatible, which causes 500 errors on the site. Anyway, I want to let you know that I'm aware of this problem and working on fixing it upstream, by adding anti-spam mechanisms to Atlassian ID. In the meantime, please be so kind to continue to ban them, I'll look into restricting character sets.

For more info, please follow https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1189

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

thank you for continuing making this site better :) Im trying to report (since i cannot ban) as fast as I can but opening each page one by one is slowing my process :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events