after reassignment the user cant see the issue in his default dashboard

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

hi there

in one transition i am changing value of field assignee. for example i am setting assigne=tester1. Atfer login into JIRA of the user (tester1), he cant see the last edited issue in list "asiggned to me". Is there a permission responsible for this?

How to refresh section "assigned to me" in defualt dashboard?

thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

so i solved this my way: i added a gadget Filter Results to dashboard, with set up filter(assignee =
current user) --- so i removed "assigned to me" with "filter results"

0 votes
Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2012

Try this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.change-reporter

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2012

hmm, but i need to copy value from another custom field (User Picker) to assignee. i am doing this via post function Copy Value From Field to Field , and it works, it copies the value, but i cant see the changed isuue in dasboard section "assigned to me" ... :(

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

Hi, I will add copy from User Picker field - good idea.

But your root problem is lack of indexing changed issues - your solutions will work but I don't think it is good idea - issues have still unupdated status in Issue Navigator.

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

in every transition, i checked, that every change in assignment is done above reindexing post script, and in dashboard i removed "assigned to me" and added "filter results" with filter (assignee=current user)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Hi Peter,

What value is display under assigne when you get into issue view ?

How do you change assigne ? If in post-function then try to reindex changed issue.

IssueIndexManager indexManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueIndexManager();
try {
    indexManager.reIndex(issue);
} catch (IndexException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
}

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Does your post-function to change assigne is under or above default post script ?

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

when i am in issue view, i see correct new value. how can i reindex changed issue? in transition i have the default post script "Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database. "

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

my post function to change assignee is above the default post script ....

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

so you have to change it :)

BTW, take a look at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/61097/how-to-change-reporter-to-related-issue-s-reporter?page=1#83492

There was similar problem but with reporter field. I've written plugin that solves this problem. Raise an issue at https://bitbucket.org/intenso/change-reporter/issues to add assigne option if you wish do that by my plugin.

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

i need to have post function changing assignee under the post function reindexing?

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

the result is the same .... i have post function changing assignee above/under the post scrip reindexing and no change, still cant see the issue in dashboard-assigned on me ... :(

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Sorry, it should be above default function - that is ok in your case. The easiest way for you is raise an issue as I suggest earlier and wait. I could do that tomorrow.

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

if you have time and will, please help me tomorrow :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events