after reassignment the user cant see the issue in his default dashboard

hi there

in one transition i am changing value of field assignee. for example i am setting assigne=tester1. Atfer login into JIRA of the user (tester1), he cant see the last edited issue in list "asiggned to me". Is there a permission responsible for this?

How to refresh section "assigned to me" in defualt dashboard?

thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

so i solved this my way: i added a gadget Filter Results to dashboard, with set up filter(assignee =
current user) --- so i removed "assigned to me" with "filter results"

Hi Peter,

What value is display under assigne when you get into issue view ?

How do you change assigne ? If in post-function then try to reindex changed issue.

IssueIndexManager indexManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueIndexManager();
try {
    indexManager.reIndex(issue);
} catch (IndexException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
}

Does your post-function to change assigne is under or above default post script ?

when i am in issue view, i see correct new value. how can i reindex changed issue? in transition i have the default post script "Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database. "

my post function to change assignee is above the default post script ....

so you have to change it :)

BTW, take a look at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/61097/how-to-change-reporter-to-related-issue-s-reporter?page=1#83492

There was similar problem but with reporter field. I've written plugin that solves this problem. Raise an issue at https://bitbucket.org/intenso/change-reporter/issues to add assigne option if you wish do that by my plugin.

i need to have post function changing assignee under the post function reindexing?

the result is the same .... i have post function changing assignee above/under the post scrip reindexing and no change, still cant see the issue in dashboard-assigned on me ... :(

Sorry, it should be above default function - that is ok in your case. The easiest way for you is raise an issue as I suggest earlier and wait. I could do that tomorrow.

if you have time and will, please help me tomorrow :)

Try this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.change-reporter

hmm, but i need to copy value from another custom field (User Picker) to assignee. i am doing this via post function Copy Value From Field to Field , and it works, it copies the value, but i cant see the changed isuue in dasboard section "assigned to me" ... :(

Hi, I will add copy from User Picker field - good idea.

But your root problem is lack of indexing changed issues - your solutions will work but I don't think it is good idea - issues have still unupdated status in Issue Navigator.

in every transition, i checked, that every change in assignment is done above reindexing post script, and in dashboard i removed "assigned to me" and added "filter results" with filter (assignee=current user)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

135 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you