admin log-in in Fisheye

Patrik Bredin November 18, 2012

I set up FishEye to "Synchronise users with Crowd" som that it would fetch all user from our JIRA and it worked fine. But then I decided not to use this functionality and disabled it and now I can't log in to FishEye again. I assume what has happened is that all users that were registered in FishEye (coming from the JIRA via the synchronization) are now gone and no other user is registered.

Could this be true or is there not a default user in FishEye that I can log in with so that I can create user again manually?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

Hi Patrik,

Since you initially integrated FishEye to JIRA for user management, it is true that when you "detach" JIRA, all the JIRA user which was synchronized to FishEye will be removed. If you do not have any local user in FishEye, then I am afraid that it's true that there may be no other user that you can use to login to FishEye after disconnecting JIRA.

However, you should still be able to login to FishEye administrator interface, by using the admin password that was configured when setting up FishEye for the first time. You may then create FishEye users in the administration, which is as per outlined in the following documentation:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Starting+to+use+FishEye#StartingtouseFishEye-CreateusersinFishEye

I hope that the info above helps.

Cheers.

0 votes
lasiewicz August 6, 2015

I set this up a few weeks ago.  It took forever to actually get it to work.  I spent a good three hours on it.  Now I can't log in under the admin account.  I thought the admin password was 

12345678a

I tried admin and 

12345678a

What a horrible pile of shit.  You spend 3 hours setting this crap up and then you can never log in again.  

0 votes
Patrik Bredin January 28, 2013

Thank you for your reply and sorry about my late reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events