additional IPs for accessing atlassian cloud

John Kazanis April 17, 2018

We were following this guide to allow traffic from the cloud to our internal server https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-ip-ranges-and-domains-744721662.html?_ga=2.37614752.1454838913.1523332098-836828446.1522823018

However, another IP was discovered that needed to be added to the allowed list.  The IP in question is 168.1.55.158 

Can someone confirm if this should be added to the IP ranges that are available on the above URL, and if there are any additional IPs that need to be considerd.

Thanks,

John

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

John,

That doesn't appear to be one of our IP addresses since we use Amazon for Cloud hosting. This IP isn't part of that.

What wasn't working exactly before you allowed it? Is it possible the IP address belongs to a 3rd-party add-on provider?

Regards,
Shannon

John Kazanis April 18, 2018

Hi Shannon,

We were just doing  a synch from HP ALM to JIRA, for an issue with an attachment.

We assumed it was the IP that was storing the attachment details from JIRA.  After we allowed this IP, the attachment was sync'ed to HP ALM.

Do you have a list of 3rd party add-on providers that potentially need firewall rules opened ?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

John,

I do not have a list for that, it depends on which add-ons you have installed. You would need to contact the add-on developers individually for a list of IP addresses their add-on might use.

Regards,

Shannon

John Kazanis April 19, 2018

There are no add ons from JIRA perspective.  It looks like the IP stated above is where the Jira issue is storing the cloud attachment. We simply were trying to retrieve the Jira issue and attachment details via a sync client into another test tool - HP ALM..

Not sure how this IP comes into play, so now even more confused.

Thanks anyway,

John

John Kazanis April 19, 2018

By there way, I did a quick search on the IP that I am inquiring about  and it is from Teridion. Teridion (https://www.teridion.com/) is a content-delivery-platform like akamai, and it is used by SaaS providers like Atlassian. This guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-ip-ranges-and-domains-744721662.html did not mention anything about Teridion, if you have any info about it please let me know. We need to whitelist the Teridion IP so that we can let the attachments sync to our ALM  server internally.

Thanks,

John

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2018

Hi John,

I reached out to our network engineering team, and they let me know that this is one of the IP addresses that is mentioned here:

To accelerate file transfers going through api.media.atlassian.com, we use a technology provider that will terminate your TCP connection in the closest public cloud provider. Because of this, you may see that api.media.atlassian.com will resolve to various IPs from various public cloud provider ranges. The list of public cloud providers and the particular one you're redirected to is highly dynamic and will change over time, even based on time of day. This is to give you the best possible experience when downloading and uploading files, but also means we can't provide a fixed IP range for this service.

I hope that clarifies things for you!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events