adding additional person for Issue Notification

Hailemichael Teklai July 10, 2014

I created an issue and assigned the issue to a developer. Once the issue is resolved, I want the reporter, assignee and an additional person to be notified that particular issue is resolved. How can I add an additional person to be notified when the issue is resoslved.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2014

Have a look at the project's "notification scheme". Consider adding "Reporter, Assignee" and some way to identify your "other person" to the "resolved" notification.

(I'd look at custom fields for your additional user)

Thanks, but I already did. You can only associate a single project with one notification scheme at a time. Even if I added a single user to that notification sheme, the person would likely receive multiple notifications for all issues related to that project. I want the additonal person to be notificated of one issue and one issue only. And that is when the issue is closed or resolve. I don't want the person to be notified of other issues. Is there away to do this?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2014

You can associate many projects with one notification scheme.

Again, I'd look at the custom fields for the user. If you add a "user picker" and call it "cc" or "spam" or "copy in" or whatever, you can use that in the notification scheme. Your issue can record a user in that field and they'll only be told about issues where they're named.

Also, have you seen "watchers"?

You are correct about associating many projects with one notification scheme. What I meant was you cannot associate many notification scheme with a project. Anyhow I was not interested in the watcher plugin. But thanks for letting me know about the User picker. I should have thought about that immediately since I used it for group notification. I guess sometimes we get tunnel visioned.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2014
Correct, it doesn't make sense to have many notification schemes per project, how would it know which one to use? Not sure I mentioned a watcher plugin - I meant the built in watcher functions. Still, the custom field is *really* handy :-)
Leslie Coleman July 10, 2014

I "Share" the issue, and the subsequent email notification updates will apply to the associated notification scheme + the "shared" user just for this one issue.https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Emailing+an+Issue

Suggest an answer