You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Jozef Neuschl January 27, 2014

Hi guys,

I'm trying so set up JIRA and I've set up the synchronization with Active Directory (AD).

In AD JIRA-USERS group is created with 3 members and is synchronized in JIRA correctly.

In Global permissions JIRA-USERS group is added as well.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

Thanks

3 answers

3 votes
Jozef Neuschl January 30, 2014

I have changed the name of the group to Jira-u and then assign group in global permissions to jira users. Then it worked ...

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2014

Hi Jozef,

JIRA-USERS might be seen as a different group then jira-users (even if the search user in group functionality works). Could you please try to rename your AD group to lower case jira-users and try again?

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Brian Bagent January 28, 2014

I'm having the same problem. I was able to authenticate locally, but after I changed priorities to attempt LDAP authentication first, I can't log in now.

I am the administrator.

I get "You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators."

peter, yes, within jira, my user account is in all three default groups.

do I need to create security groups within AD with the names of those jira groups?

all I set up jira LDAP with was READ ONLY.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2014

Brian,

Did you add you LDAP account to a jira-administrator group in LDAP?

If not then it doesn't recognize you as a jira-administrator.

Best regards,

Peter

ok, so since I can't get in, please verify the names of the groups that I need to create in AD:

1. jira-users

2. jira-administrators (or is it jira-admins?)

Like Alex Horbach likes this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2014

Brian,

Yes you'll need to create those groups in the AD too.

Now JIRA will look you up in the first user directory it encounters (AD) and will try to get your groups from that directory. If you don't have any groups : bad luck...

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2014

jira-users

jira-developers

jira-administrators

those are the 3 basic groups.

good luck

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I've already got Confluence tied to Agile. I'll also be rolling out a test Stash within the next 2 or 3 days. I assume Stash will work the same way.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2014

yes it will.

good luck :)

Suggest an answer