XML Backup / Restore of Jira from v4.4.4 to v5.1

A November 11, 2012

I am trying to import an xml backup file created on our production jira instance to a test instance. Eventual aim is to upgrade server hardware and migrate OS platform from linux/mysql to windows/mssql.

When starting the restore we get to about 20% and then get the following error:

Error parsing export file. Your export file is invalid. This may be due to a CDATA bug in older versions of JIRA (http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4980). Exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

I have looked online and found this covered (including in the above reference) however this seems to supposedly been resolved after v3.2? I think? So really does it apply in our scenario?

The size of the xml is just over 500MB. I am not sure if upgrading through the restore is an issue either?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick Richert February 7, 2013

The link to Ofbcore-entity is invalid.

0 votes
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Hi Andrew,

Have you tried the workaround suggested?

Also, there is Jeff Tuner's comment saying to download Ofbcore-entity and, then copy to JIRA WEB-INF/lib/ directory (atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/ in JIRA Standalone; webapp/WEB-INF/lib/ in JIRA WAR/Webapp). You must also delete the old WEB-INF/lib/ofbcore-entity-2.1.1.jar file, which this replaces.

After the steps above JIRA is still facing the same behavior, if so, would you mind to open up a ticket at Atlassian Support ?

I hope it helps

Cheers

Suggest an answer