Workaround for Issue state inconsistency was not helpful.

Volodymyr Havryliuk November 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Workflow transition button disappeared from the issue view page

Ask your question here...

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

You'll need to go into a bit more detail for your exact case.

Volodymyr Havryliuk November 4, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], the case is as described in article. 

Diagnosis query select * from os_wfentry where id = (select workflow_id from jiraissue where issuenum = 4 and project = (select id from project where pkey = 'TTWO')); has shown that state is 0. 

But even after update os_wfentry set state = 1 where id = (select workflow_id from jiraissue where issuenum = 4 and project = (select id from project where pkey = 'TTWO')); and having state equal to 1, buttons in issue are still absent.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2016

Did you try the integrity checker?  Was JIRA shutdown when you ran the SQL?

Volodymyr Havryliuk November 6, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], Yes, I did, but the page didn 't show the results as it should (We have large enough enstance). No, JIRA wasn't shutdown.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2016

When you run almost any SQL on JIRA, you must have it shut down when you do it.  If it's SQL affecting issues like this, then it's a definite.  (The "almost" is because there are filter stuff you can change).  Stop JIRA, check that the data you've changed is still changed in the database, and then restart it.

Volodymyr Havryliuk November 6, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], Thanks a lot. Will try it today in the evening and keep you posted.

Volodymyr Havryliuk November 7, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I had stopped JIRA by stop-jira.sh command, had run SQL query, started jira, but still see buttons in ticket are absent. State is equal 1.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2016

Hmm.  I'd still have expected the integrity checker to have picked it up, even if it could not fix it.

I'd like to take a step back - what are the conditions on the outgoing transitions for that status?

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist],there is "Only the assignee of the issue can execute this transition" on one of them, "Only users with Resolve Issues permission can execute this transition" on another one, and two transiotions without any conditions. Permission Checker confirms I have all necessary permissions. Another ticket of the same Issue Type works just fine.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist],I had assigned a copy of current workflowto this issue type, and it soled the problem. So, as conclusion, if changing state to 1 is not enough, I shold assign copy of workflow. Or start with reassigning workflow, and it will work even without running SQL query.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2016

Changing the workflow does the same job as the integrity checker - rebuilds the pair of tables.  So it's a valid solution.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], thank you for your assitance.

Suggest an answer