Will not let me vote on answers in Atlassian Answers forum

Sarah Elmer August 4, 2011

If I try to vote on an question in Answers, and forgot to login first, I get the message "Sorry but anonymous users cannot vote...". Once I login and try to vote again on that particular question, it still gives me the same popup... "Sorry but anonymous users cannot vote..."

Anyone else have this problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2011
I just vote your question up and down, seemed to work. Maybe try again now
0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2011

I suspect you have to refresh the page you were originally on?

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2011

A comment on this - I think this is really important. Most users who come across a useful post from a Google search might choose to vote it up if it was useful, but can easily give up if the signin experience is difficult. It's rare that someone will go to the lengths you did, to ask a question or to revisit the page.

What I'd really like to do is a popup lightbox that allows you to sign in (or even register) right there, then do the vote increment without a second click, after a successful login.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events