Will not let me vote on answers in Atlassian Answers forum

If I try to vote on an question in Answers, and forgot to login first, I get the message "Sorry but anonymous users cannot vote...". Once I login and try to vote again on that particular question, it still gives me the same popup... "Sorry but anonymous users cannot vote..."

Anyone else have this problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Colin Goudie Community Champion Aug 05, 2011
I just vote your question up and down, seemed to work. Maybe try again now
0 vote

A comment on this - I think this is really important. Most users who come across a useful post from a Google search might choose to vote it up if it was useful, but can easily give up if the signin experience is difficult. It's rare that someone will go to the lengths you did, to ask a question or to revisit the page.

What I'd really like to do is a popup lightbox that allows you to sign in (or even register) right there, then do the vote increment without a second click, after a successful login.

0 vote

I suspect you have to refresh the page you were originally on?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

95 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot