Will GreenHopper retain data if it is uninstalled and reinstalled?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

I'm having an issue with GreenHopper where after downloading an update, it failed to enable, and won't enable. I'm wondering if uninstalling and re-installing will help. However, before I do this, I want to ensure that all of my rapid boards will remain available. Does anyone know if GH will save that information when it is uninstalled?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

Hey Justinc,

GreenHopper is using the ActiveObjects tables in the database to store it's data (data such as ranking, etc). If we remove GreenHopper from JIRA, the data contained in the AO tables will still be retained, hence I think it should be safe for you to uninstall GreenHopper, and reinstall it at a later stage.

Just to be safe, you may also generate a copy of backup data before proceed in disabling the GreenHopper from your JIRA instance.

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

1 vote
Miles Midgley September 9, 2012

This is a related problem but in reverse. I have a problem with Greenhopper crashing on all boards and thought I could uninstall and reinstall. If the data is retained how do I remov this AO data to start a fresh?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events