Wikipatterns.com is down

Hello,

Probably a completely inappropriate place to ask but...I'm trying to contact Stewart Mader. I am unable to find a more appropriate way to contact him, or somebody, to inform him, or his IP, that www.wikipaterns.com appears to be down.

Does any have reliable contact info for Mr. Mader, or can someone please inform him? Much appreciate it!

I'm currently using this Web site and hope it is still going to be available to me.

Again, I apologize for posting this question seemingly willy-nilly, but I can not find correct contact info.

I can be contacted at chris.riley@cra-arc.gc.ca.

Thanks!

Chris

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Sep 08, 2013

Hi Chris,

If we're thinking of the same Stewart Mader here, you might be able to contact him via Linkedin, or through his Twitter account

Joe, much thanks. I'll try those.

Pretty sure wikipatterns.com, while the brain child of Stewart (previously an Atlassian employee), is owned and maintained by Atlassian.

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2007/02/introducing_wik/

Joe Wai, can you confirm and see if Atlassian owns it? I also tweeted at Atlassian to see if they can weigh in.

www.wikipatterns.com still down.

I haven't tried Linkedin or Twitter; we can't access those at work. I will give them a try at home, see if I can find Stewart Mader.

Any luck confirming whether Atlassian is the owner?

Odd that an IP wouldn't notice a crashed application for so long.

Thanks all,

Chris

UPDATE: The author of Wiki Patterns revived the site back in May 2014.

http://stewartmader.com/wikipatterns/

Enjoy!!

I reached out to Atlassian via Twitter and got this response.

It unfortunately fallen to the wayside. We used to maintain it, but it started getting overrun by spam and has been shut down

I asked if they had plans to revive it or turn it over to someone to maintain (as I believe its a valuable resource) and they said they'd look into it.

I ended up copying most of the Wiki Patterns from the Way Back Machine and putting them on our internal site as a temporary solution.

David, thanks so much for verifying that. The book refers to the Web site as "the companion wiki and inspiration for this book". So, without both the book and the Web site, wikipatterns is an incomplete tool. However, I understand the reasoning behind shutting down the Web site. So, what I'd like to propose to whoever controls this Web site is to put it back up but without the ability to post comments, and therefore essentially stop the spam in its tracks, but still allow interested parties to view it. I know others that have interest in this information. A friendly notice on the home page can be posted to explain that the site is no longer actively taking ideas, but that the information in it is still valid, and therefore the book and Web site now become a complete tool again, or at least as complete as it can get, at this point. If that can't be done, do you think "they" would be able to give me a copy of the Web site so that our org can continue the pursuit of a wikipatterns-based model for our wiki (Confluence)? Perhaps you can get me in touch with this person? Either way, thanks for your help, David, et al. Chris Riley

Chris - See my updated answer. The author put them back up, back in May. http://stewartmader.com/wikipatterns/ Apparently he responded to that Twitter stream linked above. No need to copy the patterns down now (which is what I also did).

Ok, I see. I actually found this page before, but it didn't seem to be the complete Web site, but if that's it, great! Chris

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

133 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you