Why would my Gliffy Diagrams not be saving to my Wiki?

Alexander Rolek April 8, 2015

I have been working on Gliffy Diagrams today, and spent a couple hours on one. I saved it numerous times during the session, exported a PNG of the diagram and then left the Gliffy editor. Now when I return to my Wiki, the diagram is no where to be found. 

To double check the situation, I made a new diagram, edited it, saved it, but before closing it checked to see if it was in my Wiki via another browser tab. No where to be found. Why would these diagrams not be saving to my wiki? We have had no problems in the past. 

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Rolek April 8, 2015

Mike - 

Thanks for the response. I just followed up at suport@gliffy.com, but I forgot to mention this thread (beyond copying the subject line). Hopefully it's routed to you. 

0 votes
Mike Cialowicz April 8, 2015

Hi Alexander,

This can be caused by a number of things. Without knowing your Confluence configuration, Confluence version, Gliffy version, or browser information, it's difficult to say what could be causing the problem.

Here are a few things to check:

1. Has the diagram been persisted as an attachment to the Confluence page? If you go to tools --> attachments in the top-right, does the diagram (and corresponding preview image) exist?
  2. Are there any JS or Network errors in your browser?
  3. If you try adding another Gliffy diagram to the page, and select "Search for a Diagram" in the Gliffy launch dialog, do you see the recently-saved diagram in the list? Are you able to search for it?

For future reference, if you ever have trouble saving a diagram, here is a short FAQ article on how to persist your Gliffy diagram data: http://support.gliffy.com/entries/21353107-Disaster-How-to-save-your-data-in-case-of-a-connection-failure

Please send us an email to support@gliffy.com with the answers to the above questions so that we can work with you more closely and resolve the problem.

Thank you,
Mike
Gliffy, Inc. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events