Why the remaining time do not change to none when I move the task to done ?

Vered Israeli July 14, 2012

• Why the remaining time do not change to none when I move the task to done ?
  • and how can i edit the remaining time after i close the task without reopne the task

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2012

You can't! You should reopen the task to log time. This makes sense because one should log the time before the task is closed. It doesn't do it automatically because the actual time can be less than the original estimate.

In order to make sure people don't forget logging time before closing, you can may be add time tracking on to the transition screen.

Vered Israeli July 14, 2012

Thank you,
please let me explain-

lets say I schedualed task for 10 hours (total tasks of the project is 200). I finished it after 6 hours and closed it. so now, in me "remaning time" I want to see 190 and not 194, because I closed the 10 hours issue.
correct?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2012

Yes but the process you follow is a bit different. Closing an issue is not the same as time tracking. You should, in this case, follow the steps:

1. Log the work before closing the issue. Log 6 hours and leave the remaining time as 0. Leaving the remaining time as 0 is key here and there is an option to do it when you log work.

2. Close the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events