Why /rest/greenhopper/1.0/sprint/{sprintId} should use PUT?

we are try to using the REST API to get some information from our system.

i found the document for REST API of greenhopper from here

but when i want to use /rest/greenhopper/1.0/sprint/{sprintId} to get the sprint information, i found out that it requires PUT to get the information.

Why we use PUT here instead of GET, if i want to get the sprint information (like, start-date, end-date), is there any other option i have?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Jonny,

You can also find GreenHopper API documenation on Atlassian Developers.

You can use GET on /sprints/{rapidViewId} to get the current state of a sprint and the list of sprints that have been started and completed in the past.

At present the Sprints in planning do not have start and end dates assocaiated with them until the sprint has been started (ie, when they are in the backlog they are just markers). We are looking to change this behaviour in the future to better accommodate your API request.

Thank you Jonny.

Nicholas Muldoon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

190 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot