Why /rest/greenhopper/1.0/sprint/{sprintId} should use PUT?

Deleted user August 26, 2012

we are try to using the REST API to get some information from our system.

i found the document for REST API of greenhopper from here

https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/restbrowser#/com-pyxis-greenhopper-jira-greenhopper-rest-filter

but when i want to use /rest/greenhopper/1.0/sprint/{sprintId} to get the sprint information, i found out that it requires PUT to get the information.

Why we use PUT here instead of GET, if i want to get the sprint information (like, start-date, end-date), is there any other option i have?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

Hi Jonny,

You can also find GreenHopper API documenation on Atlassian Developers.

You can use GET on /sprints/{rapidViewId} to get the current state of a sprint and the list of sprints that have been started and completed in the past.

At present the Sprints in planning do not have start and end dates assocaiated with them until the sprint has been started (ie, when they are in the backlog they are just markers). We are looking to change this behaviour in the future to better accommodate your API request.

Thank you Jonny.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
@GreenHopperTeam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events