Why is the "Plan" link greyed out on my Kanban board?

Is this a configuration setting that I can change?

I am an administrator, so I don't think it's a permission issue.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi Michelle,

The Plan mode is not available for Kanban boards because work is not planned ahead on Kanban preset . If you want to use the Plan mode, you'd have to switch to Scrum Boards.

Please take a look at Kanban Board for more information.

Kind Regards,

Clarissa Gautério

Atlassian Support

I know this is an ancient post without a satisfying answer but what we need is an Agile board that allows for flexibility rather than some rigid process. Agile isn't about the process but many times teams start with a process then allow the process to conform to more natural agreements and mechanics like continuous delivery. 

Kahnban absolutely can have a planning stage. Toyota didn't just throw random items in lists and expected to get a car pumped out the end. sad

There are a few people trying to get this option added. Please add your support by voting for this feature here

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6175

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

53 views 2 4
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you