Why is the "Estimated Time Remaining" showing up in my issue creation screen?

Felipe Reis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

The Estimated Time Remaining shows up the issue creation screen when I include the Time Tracking fields.

This information does not make sense upon creation, I want only the Estimated Time field to appear.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Adding "Time Tracking" to a screen will add both Original and Remaining Estimate fields. Just don't enter any data into the Remaining field if you don't want anything in it.

1 vote
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2012

Currently the Remaining Estimate shows on the screen as the option has the following functionality:

Remaining Estimate - is the amount of time anticipated you believe is required to resolve the issue in its current state.

This is the reason that it is added to the create issue screen and you can leave it blank if you prefer.

I hope it clarifies your doubt!

Suggest an answer