Why is the 'Help us improve' part of this site a 10 point scale?

Mr Critical May 8, 2013

This is biased, right? It defaults to a positive answer.

Should be 9 points so you can give a neutral answer.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2013

Hi Mr Critical!

We use the rating to calculate a Net Promoter Score ("NPS"). It is pretty standard for this score to be calculated from a rating of 0 to 10.

Here's another Australian company with some more detail on how they caluclate their NPS: http://www.iinet.net.au/customer-service/learn-more-nps.html

So, actually I think the bug is that it doesn't let you enter a score of "0". I also agree that there is bias in having a default answer of "6", although if you read the aforementioned link, you'll see that any score below "7" is considered to be a "detracting" score.

I'm going to raise a ticket for the range to be changed to "0 - 10" and for the default response to be changed to "5".

Thanks for asking! We believe in Open Company, No Bullshit. :)

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2013
0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

I usually skip over these polls. But your question - I do not know why - makes me to complete it.

0 votes
Mr Critical May 8, 2013

Thanks for the honest reply. Glad I could help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events