Why has the Text module been disabled from the JIRA OnDemand Gadgets Plugin ?

It seems that suddently, the Text module has been disabled and now all our informative dashboard turned to ashes.. Is there a reason beside the potential security risk of having HTML code that could lead to XSS attack vulnerability ?

Thanks

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jean-Denis,

I'm not sure if this specific module has been disabled on purpose, this might be a glitch affecting your instance. Would you mind opening a support ticket at support.atlassian.com so we can check why this has happened and possibly re-enable this module for you?

Regards,
Marlon

This widget could not be displayed.

After filing a support ticket I've been told that the Text gadget has been disabled to prevent potential XXS attack from embedded HTML code in the gadget. No plan to reactivate it. :(

This doesn't seem like an acceptable answer. I'm sure there's a way in which you could have a text gadget and not be susceptible to XXS atracks. The text gadget is a really great way to communicate to teams, especially when teams rely on dashboards as information radiators.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 10 hours ago in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

27 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you