Why has my AAC profile been wiped again?

David Simpson Community Champion Jan 04, 2012

I had a small profile, location and website URL on my profile page. Not any more. It's gone.

btw: This isn't the first time it's happened.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Checking into this - an update was applied recently and corresponds with the timing. Odd, as it looks like a fair amount of profiles persisted, including my stupid little one(just a random spot check).

Will let you know what I find out.

David Simpson Community Champion Jan 05, 2012

Yes, I noticed that others are still there. I did wonder whether it was because I'd got a couple of offsite links in my profile, but others do the same and aren't punished, so this doesn't appear to be consistent.

Maybe I'm just "special".

Boy, I don't even know where to start with this one. I guess the way to go is to do some experimentation in our test server and add some debug logging during upgrades to see if I can replicate it. I reported it in JIRA for posterity. I do want to get it right, by the way, not just for the obvious reasons, but also we have plans on the roadmap for improving the user pages; hopefully Answers can become one way the community can connect to each other. First up: linkedin api.

Yes yer special alright David.. =)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

47 views 2 4
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you