Why has my AAC profile been wiped again?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2012

I had a small profile, location and website URL on my profile page. Not any more. It's gone.

btw: This isn't the first time it's happened.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2012

Checking into this - an update was applied recently and corresponds with the timing. Odd, as it looks like a fair amount of profiles persisted, including my stupid little one(just a random spot check).

Will let you know what I find out.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2012

Yes, I noticed that others are still there. I did wonder whether it was because I'd got a couple of offsite links in my profile, but others do the same and aren't punished, so this doesn't appear to be consistent.

Maybe I'm just "special".

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2012

Boy, I don't even know where to start with this one. I guess the way to go is to do some experimentation in our test server and add some debug logging during upgrades to see if I can replicate it. I reported it in JIRA for posterity. I do want to get it right, by the way, not just for the obvious reasons, but also we have plans on the roadmap for improving the user pages; hopefully Answers can become one way the community can connect to each other. First up: linkedin api.

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2012

Yes yer special alright David.. =)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events