Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why dropped support for Mavericks?

Vedmant February 22, 2016

Why did you drop support for Mavericks (10.9)? I use this OS as I hate new Yosemite design, now I forced to stay with previous SourceTree version and can't update.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2016

Probably for the usual reasons - it's quite old, there's a new version free to go to, and Apple only support it for security and printer updates.

Vedmant February 22, 2016

Mavericks is not so old, and Yosemite update is terrible, especially about design. I know a lot of people still using Mavericks and not going to update, and most of them are programmers. So when you drop support for Mavericks you drop support for a lot of SourceTree users. I'm not going to update to that terrible design either, so now I'm stuck with SourceTree 2.1.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2016

3 years is old in computing.  More to the point, it's unsupported and not the way forwards.

That's just my 2p, I don't speak for Atlassian (as for the update, I really don't see much of a problem, it's still OSX.  But then, I did not choose Apple, I tend to use Linux most of the time, so I am free to set it up the way I like)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events