Why don't I get a sync summary after syncing git repos with DVCS plugin (and are there other ways to get hook URLs)?

I'm using the DVCS plugin v1.0.3 through OnDemand.

When I hit the "Sync Repo" icon next to each of my GitHub repositories, the sync icon turns green and starts spinning, and the row is updated to show the "Synchronizing: n changesets, m issues found" message.

However, when syncing has finished I'm not presented with a sync summary as the documentation indicates that I should get according to the Using the JIRA DVCS Connector Plugin page in the docs.

I need the sync summary because it will provide me with the URL to use for my GitHub hooks (according to some other docs.) Assuming the sync summary problem isn't easily resolved, could anyone point me to how to construct such a post-hook URL manually?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

The DVCS connector will automatically add a WebHook URL back to JIRA once a reposistory is added. There should be no further configuration necessary.

As for that very last step in the docs, it was incorrect and I have corrected it now. If there are other docs with conflicting information, please comment here and we'll get those corrected as well.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

49 views 2 4
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you