Why doesn't Joseph Clark have more karma?

David Simpson Community Champion Dec 07, 2011
As far as I can tell, he works this website like a demon. I think he could handle a few more up-votes.

6 answers

1 accepted

Thanks! I usually spend my morning going through the unanswered development questions whilst I have my morning coffee, so I have a bit of time to try and give some detailed responses.

Speaking of, I think this is the most detailed and appropriate answer to this question, so feel free to up-vote! :-)

I agree - he always delivers great answers and is only averaging 19.4 points per answer...His answers are easily worth twice that! :-)

Agree! Thanks for the metric tonnage of helpful answers.....I especially like how you tackle even questions to which I often expect possibly no answer :)

3 votes
Ben Woskow Atlassian Team Jun 22, 2012

This is quite possibly the most awesome question on all of Answers.

2 votes
Mizan Community Champion Jun 22, 2012

That is because many users dont vote up and many have a very low acceptance rate .

the below users also derserve more karma since they have given many good answers but karma average is low

<colgroup><col span="4" width="64"> </colgroup>
user answers karma average
Bob Swift 472 7457 15.7
Dieter 416 7432 17.8
Renjith V 578 6576 11.3

interesting statistics. How did you get it?

Dieter Community Champion Jun 22, 2012
Indeed, an interesting metric. @jobin yours is 18.35 points/answer. :)

nice to know :) But again, how did you find it? i don't see the total number of answers anywhere. Maybe I am missing something very obvious.

Dieter Community Champion Jun 23, 2012
I saw it in your profile. You have answered 1333 questions. Ok, assuming you didn't answer the same question twice

Ah, I see..!

Mizan Community Champion Jun 23, 2012

Total Karma/Total number of answers :)

Is there any how to use answers. Atlassian doco?

karma points/badges/ accept rate/vore up/down and the other function need to be clearer and the user be encouraged to use them with creating some kind of recognition.

Like his/her name can be mentioned during the Meetup aor announces contributor of the month etc.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

288 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot