Why does the recipient not receive an email notification if I tag them in an issue?

Pauline McMillan April 7, 2016

I have a Kanban Board setup with a number of issues. If issues are in progress and someone tags me with the @Pauline McMillan (choosing my name properly from the blue highlighted list) I don;t get an email notification.

Can you please confirm if someone is properly tagged in an issue, and they have permission to browse the project then should they not get an email notification by default? would there be any other reason I would not get a notification? Permissions etc.

I do get the notifications for other activities etc.

thanks

Pauline 

2 answers

0 votes
mmendoza9500 August 3, 2016

I am having similar issue with one of my users.

The user does receive emails on tickets created and commented however, they do not receive email when they are tagged. I have outgoing email log and debug on and I do not even see the system trying to generate an email to that user when tagged. I'm at a loss here.

Is there anyone out there with a solution?

Terry Beavers August 15, 2016

Looks like we are experiencing a similar issue as well where some users are receiving the emails when tagged, but other users are not.

I have enabled the Outgoing Mail log and Debugging as well, but do not see anything being written to the logs when I test an email notification from a user tag in comments.  I have confirmed my test email was received, but no information related to the user tagged test email is written to the Outgoing Mail log.

Please advise.

Thanks for your support!

Deleted user March 6, 2017

We're also looking for this issue to be resolved. 

0 votes
Pauline McMillan April 13, 2016

Hi there

Any update on this please?

Pauline

Suggest an answer