Why does releasing issues from Rapid Board tag previously closed items with the new fixed version?

Doug Newhard April 5, 2012

We have a project setup for the maintenance of an existing application. We are using the Rapid Board in GreenHopper. As an example of our problem:

1) If we have two issues (1 and 2) that were fixed in version 3.2, we can use the release function in Rapid Board to assign the version. All is good so far, the issues are closed, version assigned and that removed them from the Rapid Board.

2) When we have the next two issues, let’s call them 3 and 4. We want to assign version 3.3 to items 3 and 4. If we use the Rapid Board function to assign a version, it instead assigns version 3.3 to all items 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Why does this happen? Over time, items 1 and 2 are going to have hundreds of versions assigned to them.

1 answer

1 vote
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

Hi Doug,

I've tried this against GreenHopper 5.9.3 and can't seem to make this happen. Could you verify exactly which version of GreenHopper you're experiencing this with?

Thanks,
Shaun

Doug Newhard April 9, 2012

We are using the following:

JIRA (v5.0#713-sha1:aec58e2) & GreenHopper (v5.9.1)

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

Ok, probably worth trying with the latest version then, I tried your repro case and it didn't happen for me.

Cheers,
Shaun

Suggest an answer