Why do users receive notifications, when no setting in the notification scheme allows this?

Hi

Several users are receiving JIRA notifications and there is no explainable reason.

I checked the watch list

I checked the notification scheme for groups and users added to events for notification

I checked with notification helper

All the above indicate that the user should not receive notifications, yet they do.

Is there something else I need to check?

Thanks

Priya

2 answers

Hi Priya,

When are they getting notifications? On issue create?

You might want to check your workflows too, it might be that the notifications are send as part of a post function.

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks, the problem was: "Projects with “all users” set in the notification scheme, and with jira-users group in the all users. "

It was fixed by someone else, just before I investigated thats why i didn't pick it up.

Thanks for the quick response!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

146 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you