Why do I suddenly get the "JIRA server could not be contacted" message

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

When I click the down arrow to the left of "Agile" I get this message.

Message isn't true. Other things all work. The "Agile" button itself displays the board for the current project.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

I've experienced this after upgrading UPM (although I remember seeing that has been fixed). Rebooting JIRA has always resolved this for me.

0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

I solved it (for now) by uninstalling (not disabling) GreenHopper, then downloadind and installing again.

0 votes
Paul Wagner - at - AC October 11, 2012

Same symptom as what I was getting after upgrading GreenHopper. Check the atlassian-jira.log file for an exception being thrown.

See the question I asked to see if it looks like the same problem. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95609/rapid-boards-disappeared-after-greenhopper-6-0-2-6-0-4-upgrade-rapidviewao-with-key-xxxx-not-found

Short answer is the Greenhopper plugin can not find your RapidBoards. Did you try to Re-Index too? I tried with-out much success.

Suggest an answer