Why did you remove this powerful and useful gadget?????? Please re-add it!!!!!!!!

administration@tiknil.com May 7, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Timesheet Reports and Gadgets removal from JIRA Cloud

Isn't possibile to have this gadget again?? It is super-useful for us!

6 answers

1 vote
Rob Ables July 13, 2016

This is extortion at best.  To have purchased licensing for JIRA with features included, then to have it taken away mid-license period, and have to pay extra for that same feature?  Just plain wrong.  Sounds like a class action lawsuit time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

It does annoy me too - as you say, it should remain included, as that's what you bought into.

But, it is covered by the contract you signed up for.  There's no legal grounds for a challenge.

1 vote
Krste Andrioski May 16, 2016

We were using the Timesheet report a lot and it was working perfectly for us. It is very frustrating that now we need to be exposed to additional costs just to get the same functionality that we already had. sad

Did anyone come up with a free alternative?

Thanks

1 vote
Teemu Hiltunen May 15, 2016

This is a very unfortunate development in JIRA Cloud. There is now no free way to extract information about monthly work times - as far as I know. For us this is a big thing and a very good reason to start looking for some replacement for JIRA. An issue tracker without work time reporting (again, for no additional cost) is a pretty useless tool in my opinion.

Xevi May 15, 2016

Totally agree.

Start looking for alternatives.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2016

There are alternatives listed in the link in the question.

Remember it's an issue tracker, not a time-sheeting system.  The add-ons make it able to support time-sheets, but the vast bulk of what you're using is an issue tracker.

Teemu Hiltunen May 17, 2016

Yes, there are alternative add-ons listed. Yes, they all cost extra for functionality that previously was free. This is the thing that bothers me most.

In my opinion, an issue tracker that includes time-logging feature should also include a simple way to extract that data from it. It should not only be a part of add-ons that cost extra. A simple way could at least be some JQL function for retrieving the logged time per month per person per issue etc. And then get that query result exported in CSV format. Nothing fancy, just basic stuff. For free. We had that, but now it is gone. And we really need it. As I assume would most companies that charge their clients for the work done per hours per time period.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2016

Remember it's an issue tracker, not a time-sheeting system.  The add-ons make it able to support time-sheets, but the vast bulk of what you're using is an issue tracker.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2016

You didn't read the document you refer to - there's an explanation of why it's been removed in there, and some options for reporting to replace it.  (I don't think it's a good decision either, but there is at least an explanation there)

0 votes
Xevi May 10, 2016

As service that was previously included in the JIRA price now you have to pay, so, not fare.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2016

Atlassian is removing all Plugin-2 style add-ons from their Cloud instances. You are free to use the one the exact same developer is re-developing or moving to another add-on that provides similar functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events