Why can't I edit an Excel file in Confluence? T

Carolynn Kemmerer May 16, 2017

I have an excel file in confluence and when I select to expand the list of versions under that there used to be an option Edit in office... that is now missing.  What happened to it?  The only options are Preview, View, Properties and Delete.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter White July 15, 2018

Server version has not been working for the past few days? Used Chrome, IE, Firefox and no capability to edit.

Mounica September 11, 2018

Hi All,

I tried all the above options but unfortunately still not able to edit the excel sheet on the confluence. Only way working as of now is download edit and upload a new file. I also noticed that the office connector plugin(version 7.0.3) which is available with the confluence version 6.11.0 doesn't contain all the modules which were available in office connector 5.0.7. Because in the older version we were able to get an option of "edit in office" for any of the office attachments. Kindly help us in resolving it.

Thanks,

Mounica

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2017

Hi Carolynn,

The option Edit in Office only works in certain browsers (and with certain plugins installed). You can see the prerequisites here.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Carolynn Kemmerer May 16, 2017

When did this change?  I was able to edit yesterday with both Crome and Firefox. 

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2017

Hi Carolynn,

I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't have worked in Chrome ever as this is simply not supported in Chrome itself.

Not sure why it stopped working for Firefox, maybe you can ask your Confluence admin as they may have (accidently) disabled the feature.

Best,

Maarten

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2017

Hi Maarten,

in my Chrome Browser, this works fine ;-)

I am able to edit Word and Excel files and save them back to Confluence after changing.

We are still on Confluence 5.10.7 - maybe it is not working in Confluence 6 anymore?

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2017

I must excuse myself for the wrong information. It does work for me on Chrome and Confluence 6.1 as well. I wasn't aware WebDav is supported by Chrome nowadays. According to this Community Question it started to work from Confluence 5.9.7 (or a certain version of Chrome)

@Carolynn: I would suggest to see if it still works in IE. If it doesn't work there, it must be something that has changed on the Confluence side and I would contact your administrator (unless you're on the Cloud, in that case I would contact Atlassian Support).

Please do keep us up to date.

Best,

Maarten

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2017

Make sure to pass the following link to your admin: Troubleshooting WebDav

He can check if these things are configured correctly (on either Confluence or Office).

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events