Why can I still not disable the default 'my open issues' filter. I do not want it, I do not use it.

I have reviewed page after page and this still seems to be 'unresolved' no pun intended. The posts I reviewed were from years ago, has this been 'resolved'?

If I cannot manage my filters the way I wish I wonder if Jira is the tool I should be using.

I want this default filter gone, does anyone know how I can do it from an end user standpoint?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

At the very least, we should be able to choose which filters are displayed under the "Filters" group of the Issues drop down menu...

Mark them as favourites, they get added to the drop-down.

The reason there are two default filters is that they are useful to everyone who is using Jira in a vaguely sensible way, and very helpful for new people, or even old hands like me who can't be bothered to recreate the filter again.

I get the reason for default filters and so far my custom filters *do* show up in the drop-down (I guess they are favorited automatically). However, I *don't want to see* the filters that I'm *not* going to use in that menu, especially when they show up above the one that I find useful. There's not good reason for mandating that the system filters remain in this menu if the user decides they are not useful. 

If I randomly decide that I only want to see issues "Reported By Me", I can always select that one from the list of *8 other* system filters that is displayed in the sidebar...

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

67 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you