Why can I still not disable the default 'my open issues' filter. I do not want it, I do not use it.

Deleted user May 2, 2017

I have reviewed page after page and this still seems to be 'unresolved' no pun intended. The posts I reviewed were from years ago, has this been 'resolved'?

If I cannot manage my filters the way I wish I wonder if Jira is the tool I should be using.

I want this default filter gone, does anyone know how I can do it from an end user standpoint?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
real-currents January 25, 2018

At the very least, we should be able to choose which filters are displayed under the "Filters" group of the Issues drop down menu...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

Mark them as favourites, they get added to the drop-down.

The reason there are two default filters is that they are useful to everyone who is using Jira in a vaguely sensible way, and very helpful for new people, or even old hands like me who can't be bothered to recreate the filter again.

real-currents January 25, 2018

I get the reason for default filters and so far my custom filters *do* show up in the drop-down (I guess they are favorited automatically). However, I *don't want to see* the filters that I'm *not* going to use in that menu, especially when they show up above the one that I find useful. There's not good reason for mandating that the system filters remain in this menu if the user decides they are not useful. 

If I randomly decide that I only want to see issues "Reported By Me", I can always select that one from the list of *8 other* system filters that is displayed in the sidebar...

Capture.PNG

Bob Miller July 3, 2019

I use JIRA for personal use and find the default "order by updated" of the default "My Open Issues" feature to be dumb. Depending on the project, I prefer to order by priority or by creation date.

I found a workaround. This won't be helpful for administrators who are trying to fix the issue for all users across the board, but if you're a user with reasonable privileges on your machine, who just doesn't want to see it in your browser anymore, you can do the following:

Install uBlock Origin for your browser.

Right click on the "My Open Issues" element

Click "Block Element..." and hit the "Create" button at the bottom right.

Presto! It should be gone (at least for you). If you ever get nostalgic and want it back,  click the ublock origin icon and open the dashboard (it's the little settings icon at the upper right of the ublock popup), then go to "My filters" and find the one for this item and delete it. The filter in question should look like blahblahblah.com###filter_lnk_my_lnk

You can block annoying elements like this in not just Jira but other sites as well. Not perfect, but until the Atlassian developers figure out how to add a setting to turn off the unwanted filter, it should work for you. It also blocks ads, which is nice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events