Why can I not close an issue?

Gregorio Luiz Gomez October 6, 2014
  • I have re-indexed our instance.
  • I'm a member of the 'administrator' group.
  • 'administrator' group is set as the Project Role 'Administrators'
  • Project uses 'Default Permission Scheme' and within it "Project Role (Administrators)" has the 'Resolve Issue', 'Close Issue' and 'Move Issue' permissions.
  • Within pertinent workflow only condition on transition from 'resolved' to 'close' is 'Only users with Close Issues permission can execute this transition.'

Why then can I not close issues despite the permission helper saying there are no issues and given all of the above?

Screen-Shot-2014-10-07-at-15.13.09.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT: added screenshot of permission helper.

1 answer

0 votes
Louise Dennis October 6, 2014

Have you tried running the integrity checker?

Administration >> System >> Integrity Checker

Gregorio Luiz Gomez October 7, 2014

hm.. I cannot see an option for this. I'm on JIRA onDemand and have tried accessing with two accounts that have JIRA system admin global permissions..

Louise Dennis October 7, 2014

Strange - if you have sys level permissions you should be able to see it. Running the integrity checker usually resolves issues I have similiar to this. Are there any properties on the close status that would be restricting close? Does the close button appear at all or are you getting an error message when trying to close? (I assume it just doesn't appear as per the condition) If you remove the condition from the workflow transition "close", are you then able to close?

Suggest an answer