Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't multiple accounts supported in the linux version of hipchat?

Chris Fuentes November 3, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Connect multiple accounts

I am sad... sad  i don't use osx for various reasons... and much prefer my linuxzes   ...  please make it so i can multiple account without having to use a browser for one of them...   sad

6 answers

3 votes
Grzegorz Nowak November 19, 2015

Dear Madame,

Do you have it in your roadmap ? When could you have it done in Windows or Android ?

We are now choosing a chat solution for 30-40 users and this has some importance for us.

Best regards,

Gregory

3 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2015

Hey, Chris!

Totally understand that! The multiple accounts feature is on our roadmap, but I cannot provide you an ETA for when it is going to be released.

Kind regards,

Nágila Marques

HipChat Support

2 votes
demahum February 13, 2017

After more than a year this feature is not available on Linux. This is not fair. All of the clients should be the same.

Are there any updates on this?

2 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2015

Hey, Gregory!

The scenario you are asking for is only present in the Mac client at the moment. It is different from the web app as you mentioned. And as for the Windows client, it is currently not available yet. 

Best regards,

Nágila Marques

HipChat Support

Oláh Barnabás January 19, 2017

Hi Nagila,

are there any development in this case? Are there any plans for provident multi account support for Windows and Linux users? 

2 votes
Grzegorz Nowak November 19, 2015

Dear Madame,

I read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/HIPCHAT/Connect+multiple+accounts

Can I have  a menu bar on left-side of the screen in the WEB APP much like in the mac app (see below) ?

To switch between browser tabs is much different than what you have done for mac.

Alternatively, do you have this option available for windows app ?

Best regards,

Gregory

HipChat Avatars.png

1 vote
Deleted user February 8, 2017

Any updates on this? Having this only for mac smells.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events