Which version is GreenHopper OnDemand as of December 2011?

Borek Bernard December 28, 2011

I've been quite frustrated trying to evaluate JIRA + GreenHopper as I had trouble following the docs that are linked from the dashboard. The screenshots don't match, instructions point to UI elements that I can't see in my OnDemand instance etc. I've came to the conclusion that it can only be that the OnDemand instance doesn't run the latest version of either JIRA or GreenHopper software. Can that be true?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2011

The short answer is "sort of."

OnDemand runs specific versions of our products as detailed here and each application has restricted functions (your missing buttons and UI elements). They may not be the absolute latest-and-greatest, but they're pretty close. Also, our documentation defaults to the Early Access Preview (EAP) information (when we have one) rather than the latest released version.

Borek Bernard December 28, 2011

Thanks. The problem is that, at present, GreenHopper is at 5.7 in OnDemand instances while the link from "System Dashboard", section "Introduction", points to the 5.8 version of the GreenHopper documentation. So I was pretty confused.

David Rees January 9, 2012

I agree this needs to be fixed. Wasn't obvious to me at all either. In general its been a very confusing startup and I am leaning towards giving up on JIRA/GreenHopper for now because of it - not just bad doc links, but the GH 101 is pretty light, and where to get support/answers is pretty confusing - multiple sites with different logins and no clear guidance about which ones to use (jira, my, support, answers, my instance).

0 votes
P T January 19, 2012

I'm also an on-demand user and see the GreenHopper "Plugin version" stated as "5.7.5-studio" but if I click on the corresponding "Plugin Details", it brings me to https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5129?versionId=676746 which is for GreenHopper 5.8.2.

The URL shown in the image below is what hovering above "Plugin Details" results in.

So, which version is it that I'm using?

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2012

The real version of GreenHopper you are using is "5.7.5-studio", that is, GH 5.7.4 with some minor Studio/OnDemand-specific modifications (probably just some bug fixes and changes around internal licensing). I'm not sure why it's redirecting you to version 5.8.2 specifically, but it may have been caused by some backported fixes changing its internal version number.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events