Which is the tool being used by my.atlassian.com ?

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

Anyone knows which is the tool used in My.Atlassian website ? or isn't a tool ?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Hi Vishnu,

I'm guessing you're talking about the new AtlassianID login system, which is essentially just Atlassian Crowd in an SSO configuration with LDAP, a custom authenticator and a few customisations to allow it to merge users and work with the current My Atlassian connections, (such as this one to your Answers login). The Crowd will also be one that we are "dogfooding" to make sure it's upto spec for our customers, although I'm not sure of the exact version or whether all the features currently being tested will be upto spec for our customers because I'm not in the development loop. However, you can achieve the same effect for your suite of tools using Crowd in an SSO configuration, as explained in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Overview+of+SSO

All the best,
John

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

John

I was just checking whether the site 'My.Atlassian.com' is tool or not. For example I know answers.atlassian.com is powered by OSQA. Is 'My.Atlassian' powered by any tools ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2013

It's several systems integrated together. Some of it is bespoke because it has a specific purpose, but a lot of it is Jira, Confluence, Crowd as John says...

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2013

mmm got it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events