Where should announcements go?

Hi,

in the forums, not everything was a question. Sometimes people announce a new version of their plugin, sometimes people want to tell the community about a blog post they have written. Answers does not seem the appropriate place for this or does it? Maybe we should use specific tags for this?

regards,

Wim

PS: I came to this question because I wanted to show off my baby steps with speakeasy

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Agree, grabbing the 'announcement' tag for this purposes seems a sensible step. Need to get some input for my JEMH UI also https://jemhui.brightidea.com/ideas

I'd go with that, although we'd need moderators to keep an eye on the tags and remove any "announcement" tags that shouldn't be there.

I don't know if answers has an 'accept rate', but it would be really bad for your accept rate, because there would not be an answer to accept.

For this example (announcing plugin updates, chages), I think this functionality should be built into PAC. That's where I go for plugin related information. If Atlassian could allow users to "Watch" a plugin for changes made by the developer (could be updates, documentation, compatibility revisions, etc), that would be most helpful.

We've posted a guide on how to market your plugin:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/MARKET/Plugin+Marketing

The link seems no longer valid

I spoke with someone from Atlassian at Summit about this, and it was suggested to use the Atlassian Developer's Blog for announcements.

I'm honestly not sure what I think of either of those ideas: Dev Blog vs. and announcements tag here. Announcements tag seems closer to the old Forum approach, but doesn't really seem right for the style of this system. :/

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

143 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you