Where are most of the Atlassian Answers users from?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Hi you all,

I don't know if this question applies here but I always have wondered from where are you all. The different Time Zones are killing me :)

I recently discovered a good application where I can see the hours in different time zones so I can know when to ask a question, depending in the hour is difficult to receieve comments!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

We use timezones extensively in JIRA, good suggestion Ramiro! I raised a feature request for Answers here: ANSWERS-566

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

BTW that's a good idea. I didn't tought about it. It could be very helpful.

3 votes
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2012

Hey Ramiro,

I'm based in The Netherlands :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

Also from Amsterdam; yup! Amsterdam Support business hours are from 10am til 7pm.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

That's correct, we use the follow the sun principle, saves us from working at 3am :)

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

That's one of the Atlassian headquarters right? So by now your almost finishing your labor hours?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

If I'm not wrong, when Amsterdan is finishing San Francisco is starting, and same in the case of San Francisco and Sydney?

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

You can see the location in profiles of the users with Autobiographer badge ;-)

BTW its a good question i am based in India and i get help after my lunch, so according to me most users(EXPERTS) are based in Europe and USA :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2012

Don't forget the Australians - there's a good block of them high in the karma lists too.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

Now I understand why, why why there was so much activity at my night time. I'm in South America and basically, I'm starting my labor hours when in India are finishing and in Australia are almost sleeping I think :)

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

:D , but i find many users(EXPERTS) helping others(like me) almost 24*7

Is Answers so addictive ? :)

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

Yes of course, I always have been helped (and also saved). I'm not sure but I think yes it is a little addictive ;)

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

Most of the users are from Earth. However, there are alien infiltrations.

No seriously Ramiro, would you like every user to respond to this question ?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

Split the two. "Support" and "Answers" are 2 different things.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

No, not really. My principal concern is to know at least in what time I can have more support. Because I often see that there is more activity in my 'sleep' time. With the comments of @Dennis and @Bastiaan I'm having an idea. For example, I don't really know if in the three cities they have a support team, and if there are other new headquarters.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

Yes they are. But not completely. There are a few users with a lot of karma points that have helped other users many times. They count too for me as support.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

We're actually busy on staffing Answers with dedicated people. I'll be one of the first so get used to see me around :)

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

Nice to hear that. It's incredible how the Atlassian Answers are becoming so important to new Atlassian clients. I think this will grow up much more.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

@Dennis

Wow. This is good news, indeed.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

@Dennis Nice. Have you already made it to the states? Just curious. Cheers Christian

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

@Christian not yet, still busy on it! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events