When will JIRA Studio-Hosted instances be upgraded to the OnDemand platform?

James Breese December 1, 2011

When will JIRA Studio-Hosted instances be upgraded to the OnDemand platform?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DouglasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2012

The first batch of upgrades for JIRA Studio is taking place today (Jan. 30). We'll notify those customers when their upgrade is complete and they can opt-in to OnDemand.

Some customers who do not currently have SSL enforcement require some extra work before migrating and upgrading. Those migrations and upgrades will take place over the next two weeks. We'll send customers a maintenance notification for the migration part with the upgrade to follow during the next weekly scheduled maintenance window for their geographic location. Note that both the migration and upgrade must be completed prior to being able to opt-in to OnDemand.

We'll post a full update on our website this week with more details, and post a link here when that page is published.

1 vote
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2011

Right now there is no date set in stone. Possibly as soon as next week you will receive an email notification alerting you that your JIRA Studio account is now eligiable to be upgraded. The migrations to the OnDemand platform will begin following that announcement and if you choose to "opt-in" (via the email notification), your instance will be upgraded soon thereafter.

We are working flat-out to get everyone who wants to migrate to OnDemand on the new platform as soon as possible.

James Breese January 19, 2012

Ok. I received an email at the end of January saying that sometime in January we would finally be upgraded....its Jan 20 and no OnDemand yet.

We are 3 days aways from another $250 renewal and I'd like to know if I'm going to be charged AGAIN before getting OnDemand access.

0 votes
Tobias Knecht January 25, 2012

I heard from an Atlassian Representative, that it will happen end of January.

I cross my fingers that Atlassian is not messing this date up again.

We will see! :-/

Suggest an answer