When will Atlassian allow 3rd party plugins or provide in-house ability to track requirements and full testing integrated within the On-Demand Atlassian platform?

Terri Caldwell October 23, 2012

We love Atlassian tools suite for our product but it is missing vital functionality that we need. We need the ability to track requirements, then link those requirements through development all the way through testing. There are third party tools availble that we have to use external to Atlassian but would really like an integrated solution. Are there plans to allow such 3rd party tools to integrate into the OnDemand platform of Atlassian or do you have plans to do your own solution? This would make Atlassian an outstanding tool!!!

5 answers

2 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Thanks for your concerns regarding our product Atlassian OnDemand. Actually we have got a lot of requests from may customers regarding this, so we are now in process of implementing a new technology of plugins called *Plugins-3* or *remote-apps*. This will allow the customers and developers to develop their plugins in house and hosted in their servers and later integrated into OnDemand or Standalone (same like how FB apps work).

After this technology roll-out, we expect to see a lot of vendors adopt this technology since it can be for both (OnDemand and Standalone).

For more information, please refer to this link: https://remoteapps.jira.com/wiki/display/ARA/Home

Cheers,

Omar

1 vote
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

Hi Terri,

In the short term we don't see Zephyr for JIRA being abailable in JIRA On Demand. Of course we would love it to be available, as it will increase our potential customer base.

In terms of dates, I don't have any to share. I can at best suggest to check in later, perhaps around the timing of the JIRA implementation of the plugins called "Plugins-3" or "remote apps." At that point we may have additional information.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Terri Caldwell November 13, 2012

Thank you again Chris. I will keep watching.

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

Hi Terri,

We do actually allow a number of 3rd-party applications to integrate with OnDemand through connector plugins, such as GetSatisfaction, Zendesk and Zephyr so this is certainly an area that we work on all the time and we are always trying to improve the integration between applications. Therefore if there is a specific application that you need to integrate, I would suggest that you open a feature request in the OnDemand project of our development JIRA so that our developers are aware of your needs: https://jira.atlassian.com

All the best,
John

0 votes
Terri Caldwell November 8, 2012

Thank you all.

Chris, any idea when/if Zephyr add-on with the ability to test inside of JIRA on demand will be available? I guess that's specifically more the question I'm looking to have answered.

Thanks!

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

Hi All,

Just to avoid a bit of consfusion, I want to add a little to John's comment. Zephyr has two plugins for JIRA, one which is allowed in OnDemand and one that isn't allowed.

1. Zephyr Enterpise Connector for JIRA is a plugin that assists with the Zephyr Enterprise Test Management Platorm's JIRA integration and comes preinstalled on JIRA OnDemand instances. The Zephyr Enterprise Edition (and it's little brother the Community Edition) do a majority of the integration work via the JIRA APIs. The plugin itself simply sends defect metrics to the Zephyr Dashboards. In addition to being preinstalled on OnDemand instances, you can also install it on OnPremise instances of JIRA.

Note: ZEE does support traceability from JIRA requirements to Zephyr testcases and Zephyr testcase executions to JIRA defects.

2. Zephyr for JIRA is an add-on which adds testing functionality inside JIRA. This product is not supported in OnDemand JIRA instances. It can only be applied to OnPremise Instances.

Here testcases are native JIRA issues and inherit the JIRA "linking" functionality.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events