When creating new users no email notification is sent even if ticked

As stated in the headline, when I create users and tick Send notification email, it's never received. I have created 10-15 users over the last two days, but nothing. This used to work. I am thinking more side-effects to the login screen??

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I think you may be right.

But I really haven't used the new user notification mail since - primarily because of poor design. None of my new users understand what they should do, when it's received, so I end up creating temp passwords and have them change it after login.

Same goes for Forgot my password mail.

Are you considering a redesign of those?

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

This can also happen if you assign tickets to users that never logged in, quite a common case on corporate usage. Add your comments on this ticket to get it reopened https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-19979 -- send your love to this ticket and open a support ticket with Atlassian, maybe a wise one will read the text again and see the pink elephant.

0 votes
David Elman March 4, 2014
Um.. I know this thread is a bit old... but I would like to bump it up... it is still problematic.
had 2 new employees complain about not getting emails...

Didn't 100% believe them (spam filters yada yada) created a new test user with my email address with a + in it to be non-unique - never got the email, assigned the test user a ticket, got the ticket email just fine.

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2012

Hi Stephan, I believe that by the time you commented here, we were facing some problems related to notification emails not being sent. Thus, I'd like to ask you, are you still facing this problem? If so, could you please raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com so we can further investigate what's happening?

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

Suggest an answer