When creating a new ticket is there a way to stop it appearing as a Doing item in the statistics box?

Matt February 16, 2012

When adding a new ticket I expect it to show in the Planning Board which it does. However I do not expect it to show in the Task Board, which it doesn't, yet it does show in the statistics box to the right-hand-side. Is there anyway to prevent this? I want to hold a backlog of work prior to puttting it into the developers path. I enclose two screen shots of the related Planning and Task board. Both are as exected apart from the "In Progress: 2" in the yellow statistics box to the right of the Planning Board. I want this to show 0. No I haven't. It won't let me. Anyway, I hope there's a solution. Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

Okay a general comment, whlie creating new Items, generally there are two options for setting a value for the Fix Version. If the feature (or Story) is indeed marked for a main release, that release is chosen so that it is known that this item is something for this release. In those cases where the main release of the story is not yet designed, the Fix Version is left empty. You could use the Affects Version field still to denote the preference at creation time (eventhough this does not have any impact from a GH pov, it is just for the PO to know about the plan).

In this case, the item won't be in the Sprints (I am assuming that Sprints are created as child versions of the main release).

Matt February 16, 2012

That seems to have done it thanks very much. Do not schedule for a version is the answer.

0 votes
Matt February 16, 2012

Adding screenshots.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

Screenshots?

Suggest an answer