When creating a new ticket is there a way to stop it appearing as a Doing item in the statistics box?

When adding a new ticket I expect it to show in the Planning Board which it does. However I do not expect it to show in the Task Board, which it doesn't, yet it does show in the statistics box to the right-hand-side. Is there anyway to prevent this? I want to hold a backlog of work prior to puttting it into the developers path. I enclose two screen shots of the related Planning and Task board. Both are as exected apart from the "In Progress: 2" in the yellow statistics box to the right of the Planning Board. I want this to show 0. No I haven't. It won't let me. Anyway, I hope there's a solution. Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Okay a general comment, whlie creating new Items, generally there are two options for setting a value for the Fix Version. If the feature (or Story) is indeed marked for a main release, that release is chosen so that it is known that this item is something for this release. In those cases where the main release of the story is not yet designed, the Fix Version is left empty. You could use the Affects Version field still to denote the preference at creation time (eventhough this does not have any impact from a GH pov, it is just for the PO to know about the plan).

In this case, the item won't be in the Sprints (I am assuming that Sprints are created as child versions of the main release).

That seems to have done it thanks very much. Do not schedule for a version is the answer.

Screenshots?

Adding screenshots.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 6 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

13 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you